- Fixed income
- Real estate
- Absolute returns
- Absolute Return Global Bond Strategies
- What is MyFolio?
- OEICs & unit trusts
- Investment trusts
- Fund prices
- All OEICs and unit trusts
- Investment trusts
- Standard Life Funds
- Focus on funds
Monitoring and rebalancing as standard
The MyFolio Funds are a family of carefully constructed risk-based portfolios managed by Standard Life Investments. They offer your clients a choice of active and passive investment strategies across five risk levels.
Whatever your investment philosophy, you decide on the most suitable risk profile and investment style for your client and select the appropriate MyFolio Funds – the rebalancing and monitoring are all taken care of. For full details, please see the Fund Guide.
- We currently engage Barrie & Hibbert, world-leading experts in risk modelling solutions in the financial services industry, to consult with us on the optimum strategic asset allocation for each fund.
- The Fund Selection Governance Committee oversees the fund research process and includes independent experts from outside the Standard Life group.
- Standard Life Investments provides tactical asset allocation across all MyFolio funds.
- Absolute return investment strategies are incorporated across the two active options – the MyFolio Multi-Manager Funds and the Standard Life Managed MyFolio Funds.
- Commercial property is part of all the MyFolio Funds
Choose a style to suit your investment philosophy
The MyFolio range of funds aim to provide a total return from a combination of income and capital growth over the longer-term and are available in three distinct styles:
- MyFolio Managed Funds
an actively managed and competitively priced option that invests mainly in funds managed by Standard Life Investments. The MyFolio Managed Funds offer five different income options to investors.
- MyFolio Market Funds
a lower-cost option investing mainly in tracker funds.
- MyFolio Multi-Manager Funds
portfolios of carefully selected funds from some of the leading managers in the market. The MyFolio Multi-Manager Funds offer five different income options to investors.
How the MyFolio Funds are built
All the MyFolio Funds target the highest returns achievable for the chosen level of risk.
The process to achieve this contains four key steps:
- Identify the asset classes we want to invest in over the long term
- Use a portfolio optimisation process to identify the strategic asset allocation for each fund
- Fine-tune this asset selection to take advantage of short-term investment opportunities
- Select the most suitable funds to invest in
The MyFolio Funds are available through direct investment, Standard Life platforms and tax wrappers (excluding stakeholder) and selected third party platforms.
Availability through Standard Life
The MyFolio Funds are available to invest in through Standard Life's Wrap, FundZone Mutual Fund Platform (link below), International Bond, Individual and Group Pensions including SIPP, Group SIPP, active money SIPP and active money Personal Pension, Tailored and Capital Onshore Bonds (Level and Stepped).